Main Menu

Explore More

District Menu

College/ Transcript/ NCAA

Transition to College

College Flags

There are steps you can take each year to prepare for your transition to college.  It is important to be proactive in this process.  Your Counselor can help. 

For helpful college-transition tips,
check out the following guides: 

  • Senior Survival Guide  -  Submit your college applications, send transcripts, request letters of recommendation, apply for financial aide, etc. 
  • Junior Jump-Start Guide    -    Take the PSAT/NMSQT, review admissions info at college websites, tour colleges, take the SAT/ACT, etc. 
  • Sophomore Success Guide    -   Investigate career options, select college/career prep courses, develop a resume, take the PSAT-10

Automatic & Alternative Admissions

By state law, students ranked in the Top 10% of their class, can qualify for automatic admissions to any public college/university in Texas.  In order to qualify, students must reach the Distinguished Level of Achievement on the Foundations with Endorsement graduation plan and must complete all admissions requirements by the college's admissions deadline.

Exceptions include:  

  *The University of Texas at Austin 
    (UT's standard varies from top 6-8%)
  * Private colleges are not held to this policy  
  *Out-of-State colleges are not held to this policy

If you are not in the top 10% and are unsure if you will be admitted, check to see if your desired university has an alternative admissions program , whereby you could be accepted after successfully completing courses at a less competitive college.  Examples of these programs include:  

 * UT-Austin's CAP Program
  * Texas Tech's Gateway Program
  * A&M's Alternative Admissions Program

Check out other Texas college's Automatic Admissions Policies.

Admissions Application Assistance

College & Career Center

The College & Career Center is located in Sousa #104.  The Facilitator can assist students in the completion of college admissions, financial aid applications, SAT/ACT registration, College Searches, as well as Career Interest Inventories.  Email the if you would like to schedule an appointment.  Walk-ins are encouraged during Senior home pass periods.  Or... for a hall pass to be generated, simply ask your Counselor to refer you to the CHS College Career Center.

Transcript Requests

Official Transcript

An important college admission requirement is
to send an official copy of your CHS transcript
to your prospective college/university.

To request an official high school transcript, you can complete the online transcript request form. 

or complete a transcript request form in the Registrar's office located in the CHS Counseling Center 

At a meeting at the end of the school year, all seniors will
omplete a form indicating the colleges to which they
would like their final CHS transcript sent. 

See Dual Credit page of this website for links to request your ASU or Howard College dual credit transcript.  Due to privacy laws, CHS cannot request a college transcript for a student.  

College Application


Apply Texas

One online application website that is used by several Texas colleges & universities.  

If you are unsure how to access the online application of your desired college, simply visit the college's website and click on "Admissions" for "First-Time Freshman".  You will likely see a "Apply Now" button.

College Search

Do you need help finding a college that is right for you.  You can utilize College Search Engines such as:  CollegeScoreCard (Custom Search), College Navigator CollegeBoard Big Future

If you are interested in attending a post high school program that specializing in training students for a specific vocational trade, or the Texas Workforce Solutions may be able to assist you in identifying a Technical school.

Grades, Rank & GPA

Home Access Center Icon

At any time, you  and your parents can view your grades, attendance, rank, GPA, & your (unofficial) transcript at the Home Access Center website.    Remember that only semester grades are posted on student transcripts.  CHS recalculates Rank and GPA two times per year (in January and June). 

To access Rank/GPA information, log into Home Access Center, then click on the "A+ Grades" Icon. 


NCAA Eligibility Center

NCAA Eligibility Center

If you plan to participate in collegiate sports (Division I or II), you should begin by registering at NCAA's website.  Once a student finalizes the registration process, NCAA contacts CHS and requests an electronic copy of the student's current transcript.   It is important that you also send your SAT/ACT scores to NCAA.  This request can be made at the time you register for the test, using NCAA's code (#9999) .  Your SAT/ACT scores & GPA are important factors that NCAA uses to determine if you are eligible to participate in collegiate sports.  Talk to your counselor if you would like more detailed information.