- Parents are required to email notes for all absences but please be aware, after 10 absences whether excused or unexcused, we require a doctor note going forward.
- All students must be signed out with attendance before leaving campus.
- Being late to school\class or leaving early from school\class is considered an absence.
- Please ensure that all contact information is accurate and up to date.
- Good attendance is essential for students learning. Please understand the impact non-attendance can have on grades as well as the possibility of fines levied through the court for failure to attend school.
CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL ATTENDANCE OFFICE STAFF
Texas Compulsory Attendance Law Sec. 25.094. FAILURE TO ATTEND SCHOOL
(a) An individual commits an offense if the individual:
- Is required to attend school under Section 25.085; and
- Fails to attend school on 10 or more days or parts of days within a six-month period in the same school year or on three or more days or parts of days within a four-week period.